Gadon files disbarment case vs. Sara Duterte in Supreme Court

Presidential Adviser on Poverty Alleviation Larry Gadon told the Supreme Court on Wednesday, November 27, to disbar Vice President Sara Duterte over her recent online tirades against President Marcos, First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos, and Speaker Martin Romualdez.

In his letter to the Supreme Court, Gadon filed a disbarment complaint against Duterte before the SC as “millions of Filipinos” saw the Vice President’s live online press conference on November 23 where she admitted to contacting an assassin to kill the First Couple and Romualdez if she died.

“Such statements coming from the second highest official of the land, seen and heard by millions of Filipinos are undoubtedly illegal, immoral, and condemnable. As a lawyer herself, she should be disbarred,” Gadon wrote.

“While it may be alleged that the intent has not been consummated, nevertheless the statement revealed a fully constituted plan for murdering (the) three above individuals as she further affirmed that the assassination plot is not a joke,” Gadon added.

Gadon also highlighted that Duterte faced neither disbarment nor suspension when, as Davao City mayor, she punched a sheriff enforcing a court order to demolish an informal settlers’ community in July 2011. He contrasted this with his owndisbarment last year for using profanities against journalist Raissa Robles.

“Despite the injustice, the unfairness, and the extreme discrimination that the undersigned suffered from the Supreme Court, the signatory believes that the institution will outlive some biased minds and personalities in the High Court and that the Supreme Court will stand as an institution that truly serves its role of upholding the principles of justice and apply the law against anyone,” Gadon said.

“With due respect, disbar Vice President Sara now under the same ‘motu propio’ principle. If the Supreme Court has applied it wrongfully in the circumstances of Atty. Larry Gadon, there is no reason that the Supreme Court cannot apply it rightfully to Sara Z. Duterte-Carpio,” he added

The high court used the motu proprio proceedings, or an official act taken without a formal request from another party, to disbar Gadon last year.

In a separate interview, Gadon expressed regrets that he once supported the Dutertes.

”I really regret, hindi ko naman akalain na ganyan pala sila eh. Yung mga statements ni Vice President Sara napaka immature kulang na kulang sa statesmanship. Hindi sya nag aaral basta na lang siya nagsasalita.” Gadon said. (TCSP)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *